Tuesday, May 22, 2007

This is what I call a Triathlon

Sara and I made the trip down south for the Encinitas Sprint Triathlon but really we (I) went for the Beer.



We stayed in Carlsbad which just happens to have a Pizza Port and managed to visit the place twice in two days. In my humble opinion Port Brewing Company makes some of the best tasting brews in multiple styles.

Throughout the weekend we sampled their Port Truck Stout, the Wipeout I.P.A. (which they now sell in bottles), the Carlsbad Cream Ale, the California Honey Ale and their None-The-Weisser.

We even had the chance to try Avery's (and Russian River's) Collaboration Not Litigation on tap (we have had it in the bottle and I was excited and surprised to see it on tap) as well as Ballast Point's Big Eye I.P.A. and every beer was fantastic.



The triathlon was a success but the drinks were even better.

No comments: